Friday, November 11, 2011

Love & Other Drugs: Part 2 Lovin' The Drugs November 8, 2011

Last Thursday at my annual dermatology appointment the doctor found a mole that needed to be removed.  Nothing like a serious health scare to put things into perspective, yet again.  I’m honestly getting a little tired of all this perspective I have.  Anyway, the experience was less than what I expected.  I had never been to this dermatologist’s office before, but was referred there by my primary doctor.  I had to wait about twenty minutes to be seen, which isn’t really that much, but I was hoping to only be gone from work about an hour. 
So, I now have a hole on my stomach.  As if I needed to think about my stomach any more than I already am, focusing on that area was the last thing I needed to think about during the second round of Clomid.  The second round was defiantly better than the first.  I started taking the meds on Halloween…if that isn’t a sign, then I don’t know what is.  Not sure exactly what kind of sign, but either way it’s a sign.  I was at the end of a consulting gig and wanted nothing more than to be sitting on my couch at home in the cool basement.  I started having some crazy hot flashes about an hour after taking my first dose.  I seriously felt like I was about to internally combust.  I was so hot one of the girls I was consulting with asked if I was ok.  She said I looked really red and that she could feel heat coming from me.  Nice.  Not only was I trying to deal with this whole hormone taking drama with dignity, I had to deal with more side effects.  I was hoping after the first round with the Clomid that my body would be more used to it and I wouldn’t have such as strong reaction.  Wicked hot flashes aside, I got pretty lucky with this round of Clomid.  No numbness or other excessively rare side effects.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about Giuliana Rancic.  I actually happened to be home the morning that she announced her diagnosis.  Giuliana had been dealing with infertility issues and wouldn’t have found out that she had Breast Cancer if it weren’t for all of her troubles.  The part that really bothered me was that she’s only 36.  That’s not all that much older than me.  I can’t help but think that maybe the results of the mole will come back positive and be one of or the reason that we can’t get pregnant.  My co-worker was also recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  Thankfully, it was at its earliest stages, but I just hate how prevalent Breast Cancer has become.  It reminds me of my grandma, which reminds me she’s gone, which makes me sad.

Back to my mole…I just got a call from the Dr’s office and they said that everything is fine.  I just need to keep an eye on it and return in a year for a check-up.  I am very thankful for that.  I’m not sure if I could have handled another challenge right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment