Friday, November 11, 2011

October 11, 2011

It’s our three year wedding anniversary, yippie!  After I did my second acupuncture treatments and two and a half hours of yoga and Pilates, my sweet husband came and picked me up and we went out to a nice dinner.  It was good to be at our favorite restaurant and close out the rest of the world.  We talked a lot about what each of us were feeling.  I think that’s a key to us staying sane and still loving each other during this process.  If we didn’t talk about everything, how we are feeling or dealing and most of the time not dealing with this whole bumpy road to parenthood often, I’m not sure where we’d be.  We know of a couple who claims they have never gotten into a fight.  I say claim, because are there really people that oblivious to reality?  I want to say to them, you seriously have never had a difference of opinion on anything?  What do you talk about?  My husband and I spend hours debating different issues…granted not everyone is married to an attorney, but what’s the fun in a relationship when you don’t push each other a little.  This specific couple has gotten everything handed to them on a nice, pretty, silver platter.  Their parents paid for college for them, they got their house basically given to them and got conveniently pregnant after only five months of marriage.  I am very happy for them, but seriously?  Give a girl a break.  Oh, and did I mention that another couple we know is already pregnant with their second child in the time we’ve been working on just making one baby.  She was nice about the whole thing, unlike her husband who said “It seems like all I have to do is shake my di*k at her and she’s pregnant.”  Really sensitive-not sure if there is anything more to say about that, but today has been a good reminder of why my husband and I love each other and are thankful that we still enjoy debating with each other.  I acknowledge that everyone has a different path and although I’m tempted to question my path occasionally I’d like to believe that there is some plan or end goal to look forward to.  The hard part is when the only path you’ve ever really wanted was to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment